Thursday, November 8, 2012

Meeting Katie Holmes and Suri...well, not really meeting...

I am first going to highlight my encounter with Katie Holmes and the infamous Suri Cruise.


Here is the first picture! On Saturday, Chris and I met up with my friend John Rogers and his girlfriend, Stephanie at Pershing Square Cafe. They have great brunches right by Grand Central Station!

They decided to walk with us back to our hotel after brunch and enjoy the city. We walked through Bryant Park and saw the skating rink set up. We then stopped in Rockefeller Center and viewed the skating rink there and Democracy Plaza. From there we went to Central Park to walk around and see our THIRD skating rink of the day!


BUT, this post is about Katie and Suri!

So, after we spent time in Central Park I asked John and Stephanie if they wanted to come with us to have a drink at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. Our hotel, The Essex House, is overlooking Central Park, but unless you have a Central Park view, which we didn't have, you don't see much. I asked our concierge if there was anywhere to go that had a great view of the park and he recommended the Mandarin Oriental. John and Stephanie were happy to join us.

We went up to the lounge area and we could see the breathtaking views! We waited for a table for about ten minutes. The drinks were pricey, but worth it for the view. The staff were all so nice and accommadating.


Okay, now onto to the real story...the point of this post...Katie and Suri!

Chris decided he had to get a run in, so was planning to meet up with our friend Bjorn, who travelled from Sweden for the marathon. Chris left after one drink to meet up with Bjorn for a run through Central Park. John, Stephanie and I stayed for one more drink. Afterall, the views were amazing :)

As we were ordering our second drinks, a woman walked by. All I noticed was a woman carrying, what looked like a stuffed animal, kids stuff, all dis-oriented by a child. I saw Stephanie nudge John and say, "don't we know her?"

I thought, why would they know a woman with a child?

I then looked up, because they were walking in my view and were seated directly in front of me. I said, she looks so much like Katie Holmes. Stephanie said, YES, that's who I thought it was, but I didn't want to say that as she walked by.

I couldn't help staring, I mean, she was directly in front of me, in my view of the skyline of NYC.

You know when you go to a restaurant and there is a child that does not stop whining/crying. This was Suri. She was LOUD. I thought, well, I don't mind b/c, well, it's Suri, but at the same time. She was loud! Shut that girl up! I could tell Katie was trying her best to get her to settle down. Later I learned, through Perez Hilton, that they had just come from Katie's Broadway play practice and Suri was bored and tired from sitting through it.

I was beside myself at this point. I was star struck. I held everything back from taking a picture with our Canon Rebel. Instead I just pretended I was taking pictures of the skyline and John and Stephanie, in front of me, on my iphone. Katie surely caught me, as I will document in a picture below. Here is all that I took. Pardon the blur.


While we were there, we noticed that they roped off our small section. As tables left, they weren't letting anyone else sit in our section. Also, when Stephanie, John and I went to take pic's by the window of the skyline there was a waitress in place by Katie's table, which we were sure was there to make sure we did not take pic's of them.

Finally, we got up to leave. At the same time, Katie must of been ready to go as well. Beacuse as we walked to the elevator, Katie and Suri were right behind us. We waited by the elevator with them!

It was a bit awkard, mainly becuase I felt she knew I was taking pictures of her. Also, because even if she didn't know, she knew, we knew who she was. Suri was on the phone saying, very loudly..."I love you Daddy" at least three times. Then Katie took the phone and told, we presume, Tom Cruise, where they were going next.

As we waited, and they were off the phone, Katie also said loudly..."Suri, Suri, Suri" So, she was, in no way, trying to hide their identity. She was explaining to Suri that they would be seeing (someone?) tomorrow.

The elevator came up and we all got on. It was a small elevator and I was shoulder to shoulder with Katie. She is very tall. It was awkward. The silence got the best of me, so I had to talk. I just said dumb stuff to John and Stephanie, while everyone else was silent, even little Suri.

We got off the elevator, they followed us out the doors into Columbus Circle and we did not see them again.

Pretty surreal experience nonetheless. Got us all pretty starstruck!

As for what they ate/drank. I saw they had sliders, I think this was Suri's meal, with french fries. Suri also had some sort of red drink that she was sucking down. Katie, it looked like, had a Diet Coke and her food was hidden to the window, but she was chowing down. Their table was full with food.

Most people say that when they see celebrities, they are always so much thinner than what they seem on screen. I will say that Katie did not look 'skinny' to me. She looked normal, healthy, good. She was much taller than what I thought of her, but I am short.

Katie, appeared to me to be a great mom, she had no nanny with her, she was very stearn with her when she acted up and she seemed very loving. I give Katie an A+. (You know, becuase I judge celebrities often!)






No comments:

Post a Comment