Sunday, March 30, 2014

30 Day Countdown


Lamperski household is ready to meet Jonah!
Throughout my whole pregnancy I have always thought “I am ONLY” at so many weeks.  No matter which milestones in the pregnancy I reached it still felt I had so much longer to go.  It really has gone fast, but thinking back to the beginning and how long I have been pregnant, that feels really slow.  Now I have reached the 30 day countdown until D-Day and I feel like I don’t have to say ‘only’ anymore.  So many people have told me how they delivered up to 8 weeks early.  Of course, a few have gone late.  I would like to delivery on the Friday or Saturday before my due date, which would be my pick.  Although, this is not something I can choose.  I just hope he does not decide to come more than a week early, or more than a few days late!
 
I have been thinking much more of the upcoming day and asking a lot of my questions who have had children for their stories.  It seems so many of my friends had relatively easy deliveries and/or labor.  I am hoping mine goes as smoothly as theirs! 

34 weeks 1 day pregnant

This weekend I started packing our bags for the hospital.  This task I have put off because so many of the items needed are items I use regularly.  So I made a list and put it in my bag for the items I don’t want to forget.  I packed up Jonah’s bag-probably much more in there then needs to be!  My suitcase is started with everything I can put in there, as well as some of Chris’s stuff and games for the hospital, and our snack bag!  All the packing got me pretty excited for the upcoming day. 

Nursery is complete

We have our pediatrician and daycare picked out.  We still have to have our car seats installation inspected, just to be safe.  Chris still needs to get his T-Dap shot, but other than that I think we are ready to roll!  Our last addition to the nursery came in this week…our glider for the nursery!

Sunday yard work, new red mulch!
I am having a couple days a week now where I do not sleep much at night, not because I’m not comfortable, not because the baby is keeping me up, not even because my mind is racing, I just simply cannot sleep.  Luckily, I have more days that I can sleep well, minus the 4-5 times a night I get up to use the bathroom now!  Within the last week I have been very tired in the middle of the day, I hear this is normal now, but am ready to get that boost of energy I hear about before the baby comes.  My carpal tunnel has not gotten any worse, nor has my swelling, if anything; they have both gotten better in the last couple weeks.  My itchy skin was bothering me, but I switched to fragrance-free soap and lotion and that worked!  So, other than just being ready not to be pregnant anymore, ready to lose some weight, ready to start exercising more regularly and especially ready to meet Jonah, I am feeling pretty good!
a little nap after the race
This weekend we drove down to Matthews, NC for Chris’s 10k trail race, which he WON!  Yay.  That was a very early morning, followed by going to pick up our glider for the nursery and then coming home to take a nap!  Saturday flew by; luckily Sunday was a bit more productive.  We were able to get out in the yard and start doing some spring clean up.  Decided to make a couple trips to Lowes to buy some mulch.  Chris pulled a lot of weeds in the yard and picked up many, many sticks in the backyard!  We decided to go with Red mulch, and I’m very happy we did, it looks great!  We still have a couple more trips to make to Lowes for more mulch to finish the sides of the house, and then finish cleaning up the backyard as well, but things are coming along!  Hoping to have all our projects finished in the next few weeks, not much more left!

First place overall!

Start of the 10k 'sticks and bones' trail race

No comments:

Post a Comment