Sunday, October 21, 2012

Disney World, new Garmin and Halloween Party!

This past week flew by! I was in Orlando from Tuesday through Thursday night for work meetings. I didn't know what was on the schedule while we were down there, but it was my second time ever in Orlando, and I still had never been to Disney World. I was very excited to learn that on Wednesday they arranged for us to be picked up from our hotel and taken to Epcot for the Wine and Dine Festival! We were there from 4-9:30pm, so we got to stay for the firework show, it was great! We only went on one ride, since the lines were so long, but the ride was awesome, it was 'Soarin' which is a ride that simulates hang-gliding over California. It is so cool, you even smell different trees as you fly above. Here's a link to check it out here. It was worth the hour wait for sure! We then walked around the Wine and Dine Festival. We ate at the pizzeria in Italy. There were six of us, so we ordered two of the large pizzas, assuming they were the big round pizzas we saw that everyone had. When they were delivered to our table we were very surprised to see how big they were. Between the six of us, we almost ate both of them! They were so good.




Saturday morning Chris and I headed to Mallard Creek Greenway for a 12 mile run. I was not at all in the mood to run. For some reason, I have not been into running this past week. I'm not burnt out, since I haven't been following any training plan in preparation for the NYC Marathon, and I have not been running high mileage weeks at all. I have gone over 30 miles maybe two or three times. So, I don't feel very prepared for this marathon, but feel comfortable that I will at least get through it and hopefully feel good at an easy pace. It ended up being a really nice day for a run and with all the leaves changing it was pretty, and enjoyable for the most part. I was able to use my new Garmin 405 watch. I ordered a refurbished one online for just $125.


When we came home we started preparing for our Halloween/housewarming party. We decided to have this party in part for a fundraiser for the Isabella Santos Foundation. We asked our guests that instead of bringing anything over for the party that they make a donation to our fundraising page: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/karinandchris/isabella-santos-foundation-5k-for-kids-cancer. We are so excited to say that we have raised $1,040!! I am so grateful to everyone who made a donation!!

The party was so much fun, so glad so many people made the ride up to the burbs to hang out with us! Here are some pictures below...

Okay, this little guy was not at our party, but him in his little pumpkin costume is too cute not to post. This is my nephew, Andy.

Chris originally dressed up as a mummy, but the costume did not stay on very well, so he changed into a Kill Bill costume that I had in my Halloween costume box.



This morning we were able to sleep in, and I enjoyed laying around for a while on the couch and catching up on some Modern Family episodes on Hulu Plus. Finally, I got up and Chris and I took a walk over to Birkdale Village and around our neighborhood. We even stopped by the playground on the way home!
















No comments:

Post a Comment