Sunday, October 7, 2012

Halloween is in the air!

This week we have accomplished so much around our house, I love it! We are finally getting things done, unpacked, and it's starting to feel like home here.

Our friends Lauren and Brian let us have a couple area rugs they were not using, so we picked them up yesterday and one of them goes perfect in our living room. It feels much homier to have soft carpet to walk on when we're relaxing here. Since we had our tv mounted above our fireplace we had to find somewhere to put all of our media gadgets. While at Target one day, I came across a ladder desk which looked like it would work perfect in our corner. It was 70% off, score!

The colors in the carpet go great as well, thanks guys!

Chris painted our guest bedroom on Friday night. On Saturday I cleaned the room, and on Sunday we went and picked up a new mattress set. We put the bed together today and the room looks great. I even put some new flannel sheets on the bed...thinking of sleeping in there tonight since the weather is so cold! We just need to hang pictures on the walls.

The first guests we know of are my parents who come on Christmas day. We welcome guests anytime, so come visit!!

Ohh, Chris's friend James came by on Thursday night to help us with hanging our new chandelier. The entry way chandelier that came with the house was an out-dated gold one. One day at Lowes I walked through the lighting section and just loved one chandelier that reminded me of Tiffanys! It looks like diamonds to me, I love it.

Hard to see with the light on, so here is one with it off...
It doesn't hang as low as we would have liked it, but I still love it!

Here is a picture of James hanging this. I wondered how we could hang a new chandelier, being so high and all. James said he would put a piece of wood balanced on our railing and the high ledge above the entrance and just walk across in the middle to hang it. I was pretty nervous to watch him do this, but he was not nervous at all.

Just look, he is so high!

We also asked his advice as to how to light up our living room. With such a high ceiling we are trying to figure this out. He suggested a few options for us, which he will have to install :) That will be a project down the road. James is also Chris's best man, he'll be joining us in Jamaica with his wife and daughter, Layla!

I've also had time to add some Halloween decorations around the house, I love decorating for the holidays so I just had to start getting things up. I don't want to go too crazy since I plan to decorate much, much more for Christmas!

I picked up this little guy at Michaels, I named him Ghoulie, he is so cute, I love him.

Today we put up a spot light to shine on him so everyone can see him at night!

Here is a picture of the front of our house, I hung some spider webs out front as well as hanging some Halloween lights, banners, a flag and a cool skeleton given to us by Chris's grandmother (along with some other decorations we still have to use.)



Oh, I also decorated inside. Check out our fireplace, we have a visitor trying to come down our fireplace!


I think we've been pretty productive this week. Chris also spent some time in the yard this weekend, blowing away all of our leaves and cutting the grass. Chris's grandmother also stopped by on Saturday to bring us some plants for our backyard to spruce it up. Soon we will get to cleaning up the backyard, adding mulch and planting a couple tress she also brought us!

As far as my leg, I'm still trying to figure that situation out. My doc told me not to run until Sunday (he told me this on Thursday,) and only then run a short run. I ran this evening with Chris and I actually felt good! I hope this keeps up and my doc visits are helping! Fingers crossed for NYC!




No comments:

Post a Comment